To seek a stable return and generate capital growth over the medium to long term period in diversified portfolio of equities with stocks in gaming, liquor and tobacco to be avoided.
22 July 2009
Investors who seek potentially higher returns and are willing to accept slightly greater fluctuations in value; or
Investors who want diversification from other asset classes such as fixed income securities or fixed deposits; or
Investors with a medium to long-term investment horizon; or
Investors who have strong convictions against investing in stocks involved in gaming, liquor or tobacco.
The fund invests in a diversified portfolio of primarily Malaysian equities with stocks in gaming, liquor and tobacco to be avoided. Its equity contents will be up to 97% of the NAV of the Fund. The remaining 3% shall be invested in money market instruments for liquidity purposes.
To achieve the investment objective, the Manager’s investment approach is to invest in equities with a focus on those that exhibit above-average earnings growth, has a leading competitive position and show potential for delivering superior returns.
To this end the Fund will be actively traded and the Manager will actively seek to add value by selectively over/under-weighting benchmark components to achieve relative out-performance.
The manager shall primarily rely on the list of securities approved by SACSC as a guide to the stock selection. Nonetheless, the Fund shall also invest in securities such as banking and insurance sectors.
70% to 97% of the Fund’s NAV in equities
Minimum 3% of the Fund’s NAV in liquid assets
Minimum Initial Investment
Minimum Additional Investment
FEES & CHARGES
Sales Charge per Unit
Up to 5.5% NAV per Unit
Annual Management Fee
Up to 1.50% per annum of NAV
Trustee Fee / Custodian fee
Up to 0.08% per annum of NAV
Unit Holders may switch Units of the Fund to other Funds managed by the Manager, and vice versa. The Manager does not impose any administrative fee for switching. However, since switching is treated as withdrawal from one Fund and an investment into another Fund, the Unit Holders will have to pay the difference (if any) between the Sales Charge of these two Funds.